loader image

What is the Home Care Packages (HCP) Program?

My Aged Care advertises three primary types of care on their website: Help at Home, Short Term Care and Residential Care.

The Government recognises two types of care needs for help at home: Entry-Level care, also known as the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and More Complex Care, known as the Home Care Packages (HCP).

If you can manage, but need support with a few tasks, you could be eligible for subsidised support services through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). This program aims to help those who need a low level of support to keep living independently. Only recommended to those who need one or two services.

Home Care Packages are for those with greater or more complex care needs. If you need much care and support services on an ongoing basis, you could be eligible for a Home Care Package. Home Care Packages provide a number of services to meet your needs.