About The Role:
This position is responsible for providing care and support services to older people, according to the person’s assessed needs and in line with the Aged Care Quality Standards, and Legislation with the aim of maximising independence, promoting well-being and re-ablement and helping the person to live their best life.
Key Responsibilities – General (All Roles)
- Deliver care and support services to clients, according to the person’s assessed needs and individual support plan
- Monitor the safety and well-being of clients, reporting any concerns to your supervisor
- Accurately complete and/or maintain all relevant records and documentation required in the delivery of services to clients
- Ensure that care delivery is compliant with legislation, Standards, and organisational policies
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders for the successful delivery of care and support services as required
- Exercise duty of care for self and others in accordance with current Workplace, Health, and Safety legislation
- Uphold the privacy and confidentiality of clients and other staff
- Complete all mandatory education, in-house training requirements, and professional development opportunities as directed
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by your supervisor
Key Responsibilities – Social Support/Activities Role
- Assist with the development of activities, gathering relevant information to facilitate the provision of individual clients’ needs and interests for diversional therapy.
- Enable and encourage Clients to participate in a wide variety of activities of their choice, with a client’s choice not to participate being actively respected.
- Encourage Clients toward a full and purposeful life through participation in meaningful activities.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the coordinator.
Key Responsibilities – Cleaning/Housekeeping/Domestic Assistance Role
- Perform all tasks as described on the cleaning schedule.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by your supervisor/ Consumer
Key Responsibilities – Kitchen Support Role
- Complete tasks as directed by the Coordinator/Consumer to prepare, serve food, clean, wash up and put all delivered foods away appropriately labeled.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Coordinator/Consumer
- Participate in yearly Staff Performance Reviews, in consultation with management.
- Liaise with the RN/Assessor to ensure that client care plans remain up to date.
- Ensure Client progress notes and verbal reporting are completed within the required timeframes.
- Complete and submit timesheets within allocated time frames.
Essential Criteria – Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Possess a Certificate III in Individual Support (or equivalent) or be willing to work towards attaining this qualification.
- Physical capacity to complete the identified tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and communicate effectively with clients, staff, and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful, and caring attitude to working with aged clients
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Agree to undergo a Police Criminal History Check & Vulnerable person check
- Current driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Personal phone – note: all rosters and client management systems are issued to your phone
- Previous experience working within an aged care or disability support environment.
- Excellent documentation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of relevant legislation and requirements of aged care, including person-centred practices.
Knowledge and Skills Organisational:
- Ability to work under limited direction and use sound judgment where necessary
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate tasks to provide efficient services
- Knowledge and application of effective customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders to achieve position objectives
- A committed team player with the ability to support and source cooperation from others
- Possession of a high degree of drive, initiative, and enthusiasm
- Possession of sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to display a high level of tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Patience and empathy in working with challenging behaviours
Commitment, Attitude, and Application to Duties:
- Genuine appreciation of older people
- Always promote the organisation in a positive manner
- Promptly respond to requests for information in a courteous manner
- Accept responsibility for the delivery of services and accurate and timely documentation as required by the role
All applicants must provide at least two current, verifiable referees prior to an offer of employment being made.
It is a requirement of this position that employees can maintain a clear Criminal History Check.